Thursday, November 1, 2007

Out of the Comfort Zone...

I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone lately. I taped a square on the floor of my office with masking tape to symbolize my comfort zone. Whenever I look at it I am reminded that I need to step out of the box.

A hairdresser's styling station is her comfort zone. We're asking our team to try a lot of new things. To help things along a little, we decided to give everyone a push out of their comfort zone--we reassigned all the stations.

Our reasoning? Every day our stylists are going to the same place and doing the same thing. Now that they're in a new place, it will be easier to try new things!

We were actually surprised at how well received the change was! Starting Monday our stylists will have new neighbors which will give everyone a chance to learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment